"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, November 23, 2009

Games, bonding and laughter

FEW NIGHTS AGO


We play LOTS of games, Mim loves them and we all get in there and play, laugh, and compete with each other...BTW - Mim is very competitive with games....


Tuki


Ve being goofy


Mim

TONIGHT


Ve and Tuki play almost non-stop once we all get home from school. Tuki at her finest


Ve sporting her new hair style. Mim taught me this style and she did one side of Ve's head and I did the other and it still took us an HOUR to do it!!!


Mim exhausted. She is adjusting to the long days at school, early wake times and then of course the dreaded homework. We placed her into 5th grade this year, one year behind where she would normally be. Already she is catching the hang of it, but it does require me helping her every step of the way. I did this with Ve last year, and now she is pretty good about doing her own work, so I know Mim will get there in time too.

5 comments:

veggiemom said...

Great pics!!! Love all the happy smiles!

Glady said...

Love it that the TV is on and no one is paying attention :)

Story of our Life said...

how cool is that....Mim is able to help w/her sissy's hair!! I love it. I wish we lived closer and I could learn to do that with Nia's hair. :) Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Steph, G's Mom said...

This is so great! Love it! what a sweetheart.

Did she come from Haiti with some of the knowledge that she needs to already be in 5th grade? i mean like math knowledge, and whatever else they do? history? or....science stuff? i'm curious how a child (any child) pops right into a USA grade where they are building on knowledge they already have....or do they have her doing other stuff for ESL? wow...5th grade!

Story of our Life said...

quick question 4 u - on the twists. I did 1/2 of Nia's hair this mornin' b/c i got tired, she wont sit more than 2 min and asks 150 questions about 'can i have/do this'. So I did 1/2 and did the back poofy - i like that.

How do you 'keep' the twists in? Nia's hair is pretty short...um, like REALLY short. All I did was put conditioner, lil mousse and then some slimy oil stuff my friend bought me (she bought all of it actually). It seemed to stay. just curious if it will stay longer than a few days, if I will need to redo it, ect ect. gardiner94 (at) aim (dot) com

My Travels