"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Recap of the last few weeks


October 19, Ve went Saw-whet Owl banding with Kiki. It was a little late so Ve was tired, but well behaved. Tuks and I stayed home since she was feeling ill.

Last weekend Kiki went with us to Oklahoma on stage. It lasted 3 hours long with only one 20 minute break . The girls did fantastic!!! I did bring writing tablets along so that they could draw & write. We also rented the movie and watched it a few days before the play so that the girls knew what the storyline would be. I was VERY proud of them!!!


Last Thursday, Tuks wore her Halloween outfit to dance class. She was a Senorita "Princess"



with the rest of the class. Her cousin N was Tinkerbell in green.





Ve's first Halloween,and Tuk's fourth...as usual it was and is Tuks all time favorite holiday, and I believe Ve agrees whole heartily

This is how Ve went from house to house, in a full out run. It didn't take her long to figure out how this whole trick or treating went.


a little break


Kiki, Tuks, Ve, and friend H.


the highly dynamic cousin trio


having fun, and yes it was this cold


checking out the haul...see the bowl in the middle of the table....from two buckets. We share all the candy with everyone in the house. I feel it solidifies the concept of family.

very pleased with the night!!! LOL

As for Mim's homecoming..she will be home by next weekend!!!

5 comments:

veggiemom said...

Great pics!!! Looks like you guys have been having tons of fun.
Congrats on the final homecoming!!! I've been stalking your blog like crazy for news. So excited and happy for you all!

Marnie said...

Delurking to say Halloween looks like enormous fun at your house--and, wow, congratulations! on Mim finally coming home! (I have also been checking regularly to see when your good news would come through! So excited for you all.)

Marta said...

Great post, and it s so funny how it takes no time for them to figure out the Halloween thing!

Looking forward to hearing about Mim's Homecoming!

Laurie said...

Yippeee - I had missed your news that Mim was on her way home. I am so excited for you, finally an end to this journey. Travel safe & I will be checking in more frequently to hear updates.

Congratulations!!!!

Jane said...

Looks like a LOT of fun at your house. And everyone shares their candy...yay! That's a concept I can promote at my house, too! Cara wants to go trick or treating every night now.
And...MIM IS HOME BY NEXT WEEKEND??? Oh I'm so excited for you!!

My Travels