"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, July 23, 2010

Camping at Clear lake

Just returned from our 2nd vaca this summer. We spent a week camping at Clear Lake, two hours north of where we live. Amidst a few naughty episodes, a few bed wettings and sibling bickering, it was a real wonderful time. I feel it helped in solidifying our family bonds. We were questioned as to our family status by a few naive and rude individuals while there. The girls and I talked in depth how we look different, people will notice and some will ask questions. So we practiced how to answer questions regarding the making of our family and also different possible ways to answer the questions, depending how they wanted to answer at the time they were asked. It brought up a topic that I have been waiting to talk about, but really didn't see the need for it until this week.

It was Mim's first time camping and she loved it as much as the other two and I do.

The furred and feathered ones left at home were VERY HAPPY to see us return after a week gone....
___________________________________________________________
Two beautiful conversations from this week.

First between Tuki & Mim
They were playing together a great deal this week and while they were swimming, I overheard Tuki say:
Tuki: I love you Mim
Mim; I love you too.
____________________________________________________________
Second while we were all sitting around the picnic table playing the card game "Garbage"
Mim: are we a happy family?
Me: I think that we are even tho we bicker allot, we are happy
Mim: Yes, we bicker allot, but I think we are happy too.

___________________________________________________________
Now for a picture overload
purchased a new 8 man tent this spring in anticipation of the trips we will be having as a family of 4
campsite busyness

mushroom photography

girls on one of our many hikes

more 'schrooms

Mim & Ve wading a small channel of water

Mim & Tuks

swimming & playing on the beach

eating camp food

sleeping

smores mess

campsite maintenance

more hiking

picture time

and even more, a hike in some wetland, I must say the girls were real troopers

visit to a wildlife rehabilitation center

barred owls in the back while the girls listen to their vocalization on a recorder

Ve & Tuki dancing and singing as entertainment for Mim & me

now Mim joins in the fun while I watch & take photos

more swimming before we break camp and head home before the thunderstorm hits

2 comments:

Marta said...

Great photos!

Last week I had to go into a financial establishment to sign some papers. I had all three kids sit in chairs in the reception area. The loan officer asked me if I was babysitting today. I just said "No, these are my children" I was very matter-of-fact, and just went about our business.

But yeah...it never ends.

Janet said...

Looks like a really fun vacation! Hoping for one next year.

We get the rude questions all the time. Hard to miss us with 4 kids.

My Travels