"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Royal Fit

Parenting 3 daughters as a single parent isn't the part I find most difficult, though it is hard some days. It is managing, and organizing and storing the clothes that fit, and those that don't. Keeping the house not only picked up, but cleaned up. I don't check the girl's rooms or their bathroom (shared by all 3) everyday, so when I find the rooms or the bathroom a pig sty I kind of get angry. Especially since the loan appraisers (reason for the ladies comment "you must feel overwhelmed sometimes" it was really code for "boy you sure live in a messy house") came thru the house 4 days ago and the girls bathroom had stuff spilled on the floor (I noticed it today) and the rug was filthy and they all had seen it yet no one thought they should take it upon themselves to clean it up....Cleaning, like really cleaning, this house this time around has been kind of an eye opener for me. I have been preaching everyday about doing things on their own instead of always expecting me to remind them to do their daily chores. They are called daily chores because yeah, they are done daily. In 1 year the people living in this house doubled, and I don't really feel that I have adjusted to the doubling in organization or cleanliness and it really shows sometimes. I must be in a bad place right now. I hate my weight and I hate how out of control I feel over the amount of mess I deal with everyday. There is never no end to it, clean today, start all over tomorrow.....OK, I'm done throwing a fit!!! I think......

2 comments:

Marta said...

oh I can so relate to this!!! The only thing I can think to do is stay on them to keep things picked up, and clean when we can. It's a full time job and it's very frustrating!

Anonymous said...

While in my 20's, 30's, and very early 40's I raised 2 kids. Now, in my mid 50's, I'm raising 2 more. I empathize, believe me.

GoyitoMKE

My Travels