"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Randomness

Yesterday during the rain filled afternoon we finished cleaning and sorting clothes for all the girls. Today since it is suppose to rain until noon we are sorting the books, taking the lower level ones off the shelf and placing the new books and the "set" books on so it encourages the girls to keep reading. I wish my parents had the option of sets when I was young because I would have loved them. Mim is reading the Harry Potter series, Ve and Tuki now and then pick up the June B Jones books. I purchased nearly 50 books from scholastic (165.00) for the girls to read over this summer.  They won't get through them all but they will work on it. I encourage the girls and myself to read way more then watch TV all the time, but especially during the summer. We have the Judy Moody series, Guardians of Gahoole (owls) series, 39 clues series, A - Z mysteries, some Amelia Bedelia, and Ramona and Bezus and an assortment of many other books.

I think I am going to start on the Nevada Barr series, I was told I would like them since I love the adventure in Clive Cussler's books

When it quits raining I plan to shave Einstein today for the summer and then Heathcliff tomorrow since they have become my walking partners..I am walking daily, all the activity I am cleared for at this time, and I want them to stay cool so they can keep with my pace.

I guess in another two weeks I can finally purchase a sports bra for my new bust and because my feet are feeling so much better since being on the Lyme (+co-infection) treatment I am going to attempt to start walk-running. I have a long ways to work my way way back to, but I am hopeful.

In addition since I have been on the treatment, I have taken ibuprofen about 2 -3 times in the last 3 months where as in the past 4 years it was nearly a daily experience with all my stiffness, aches and pains. That is what Lyme disease does, slowly cripples and disables a person over time, and the treatment does the opposite.  The doc has taken me off the old thyroid treatment and I am now on Armour (90mcg, still may need to be increased) that I take with one selenium and zinc tablet each morning, and I finally have my appetite back along with some increments of weight loss with the increased walking workouts....finally after 4 years. I am also taking 2 antibiotic and 1 anti-parasitic twice daily plus tons of supplements to increase my immune system. The doc feels that I will probably be on this treatment until Aug/Sept and then recheck my WBC killer cell numbers. My numbers were really low thus all the medical problems these last 4 years. I guess the only diseases that drops your killer cell numbers are; Tuberculosis, AIDS, leukemia, and Lyme disease, thus compromising a person's whole immune system.

Now we are waiting for our breakfast to finish warming up in the oven.....

I guess this is the end of week two of summer break..it always amazes me how quickly breaks go but sometimes how slowly school weeks go......the time seems to run differently.

This next week is the last week of softball for Ve and Tuki, and then on July 8th all the girls will start month long daily swim lessons.

Mim is focusing on running for CC this fall, so she runs 5 miles 5 days/week, 7 miles/ 1 day/week, a day of rest, in addition she attends Panther Fitness (endurance/strengthening)  4 days/week to help her with her running form, so she is not in softball this year since she is already involved in so many physical activities.

We may attend the energy fair today, but honestly I am not feeling motivated to do so, we'll see!!

No comments:

My Travels