"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer Update

Today we went to June Dairy Days for a pancake breakfast, came home and I slept for about 1 1/2 hours. I woke,  Mim took a 5 mile run with DaVinci, I made supper, we all ate, then we sorted laundry, cleaned the house and now Ve and Tuki are getting ready for a sleepover at our neighbor's house.

I picked Mim up from running camp yesterday, and she has been nothing but "running camp" talk since. The purpose of this camp is to get the girls in the habit of running everyday through the summer to prepare them for the cross country season in the fall. I have sat down with Mim many times explaining that when she makes her goals for cross country and track that she intertwines the goal for good, respectful, obedient  behavior around home along with the other goals she has set. This has been major sore spot between us for the past two years. In addition, I told her she can compete in two sports a year and really focus on getting good in them instead of competing in four and doing mediocre. She choose cross country running and track, so she is not doing softball nor basketball anymore. This will also lighten up her schedule and hopefully that will help with her behaviors during the school year. She will be starting at a different school this fall, the very large local high school that both the junior highs feed in to. Also a school that I won't be at so I pray she won't be blown every which way by new friends she will meet. I used the analogy that she behaves like a leaf blowing in any wind (friend) that comes along, and she need to become like a big oak tree and become rooted into our family so she won't be blown all over the place.

I came home from the hospital on Wednesday about 3:15pm, Grandma Jill had supper ready for me and the two wee ones were happy I was home. I have been getting stronger everyday. I have all my parts back and I have to wear a corset around my hips where they lipo-suctioned the fat for the breasts. I also have two donuts shaped Styrofoam circles taped around my new "nipples" that were reconstructed from my rib cartridge. Medicine is amazing today, all they can do compared to the days that my Mom had breast cancer and they just removed the breast and fitted her with a prosthesis. I need to keep the corset and donuts on for 4 - 6 weeks, then wait and heal until my very last surgery next fall....

Our carrots, lettuce, sunflowers, dill and beans have now germinated. I still want to add more beets and broccoli and then we will mulch the garden with the 15 hay bales I just purchased from a local farmer.

Summer school will start for us all this Monday, so back to a busier schedule. We all go to school 8 - 12 Mon- Thur, until July 25, so not too shabby.

No comments:

My Travels