"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

This summer

Two summers ago we cleaned out my old neighbor, Art's,  new house since he passed away in May.

Last summer I was basically was drugged out due the pain killers needed to heal from two major surgeries in 3 weeks.

This summer we in the process of doing a major house cleaning from top to bottom...MAJOR, this causes a ton of stress in each of my daughters. They are all pack rats, I am not, they are messy, I am so so in this department, they do NOT keep their rooms clean even though we organize their rooms every year. Tuki has always been messy, since she was little, Ve was neat but has become messier and Mim is messy and a pack rat. We are starting with their rooms this week and there is a lot of drama...lucky me!!!

Thank goodness the garden isn't ready yet...

No comments:

My Travels