"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The oven has been turned on.....

I know my posts have been dominated by my health issues lately, but my lack of health has been a nagging issue for me for over 3 years. Now, my health has been improving dramatically since the end of March, simply because of the Lyme treatment and the change in my thyroid medicine. I use to be on levothyroxine, but at the end of March it was switched to Armour (60mcg SID), it brought my numbers down to low 3's, so my meds was increased to 90 mcg SID (will be rechecked at the end of August to see if it is the correct dosage),  I then started taking zinc and selenium with the Armour every morning, and it has been like turning on the metabolic oven.

Three summers ago, I was biking 11 miles every morning in hopes of losing the weight I had gained from not running (due to my feet, due to the lyme disease)....no weight loss the entire summer. Two years ago, I was getting up at 4:30 am nearly every morning walking for 75 minutes, no weight loss, yes increased muscle tone and increased cardiovascular fitness, but no weight loss. Now, on the new Armour, I actually have an appetite, and I have been walking 2 1/2 to 4 miles nearly every day with the dogs and I have been progressively losing weight.....

 I liken the years without weight loss to putting something in the oven to bake but never turning on the oven, but hoping it would bake anyway...

but now this summer with the new meds, I have a lot of energy which means I can walk at a really brisk pace, feet feel fine, and the oven has been turned on (metabolism) and I am starting to bake the items I place in the oven. My goal, conservative because I was a afraid to get my hopes up too high has been to lose 10 lbs by the end of August, I have only 4 lbs left to lose, my next goal, if the first was successful, was to lose another 10 by the end of December.....maybe...just maybe, I can dig into my second goal before the end of summer...I better be careful so I don't get my hopes up too high again....

I am also now waiting to get the OK from my "plastics, breast doc" to be able to start run/walking....certainly on the right road....

No comments:

My Travels