"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's in their eyes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER J



Panda in the dark blue, she looks to be doing better than a few months ago

BUT

Cheetah in the pink appears to be much less happy than a few months ago.



This confirms to me what I will be doing in the next few weeks. Assembling a new dossier for Cheetah. I was planning on re-using the same as Panda's. The word was Cheetah would then come home 5 - 7 months after Panda..BUT after reading this post by another adoptive parent:

"i hope you don't mind me poking my nose in here, but we struggled
with that same question when we tried to add our daughter D to
our file already in IBESR ~ we were told we could, then we tried &
couldn't & then were told we could resubmit the dossier for her after
we were out of IBESR...nope, then they said after courts...nope, then
they said after legalization...nope, then MOI...because everyone else
along the way wanted to see it...finally, we were able to resubmit it
14 MONTHS later...she has now been in for 3 weeks...

i guess what i'm saying is that i *highly* recommend you go through
whatever it takes to assemble a new dossier...i have kicked myself a
million times for not going with my gut & doing that instead of
listening to the "people who know" who kept saying "just a little bit
longer"..."

I have decided that I will be assembling and paying to set up a whole new dossier for Cheetah...I don't think either of us can wait 14 + more months for her to come home.

ASSEMBLING WE WILL GO!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I don't blame you, I would do the same thing. Here's to getting your girls home!

veggiemom said...

Ditto. Dossiers are a pain but so worth it.
Kerri and Ruby

Marta said...

Yes, I think that's a good thing too. At least you are experienced now!

Marta

A Blessed Life said...

You go girl! I was hoping you would read that post. I don't think you'll regret it.
Leanne

My Travels