"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkin carving and a great weekend

This weekend started out Thursday night. I received a call from my daycare provider telling me that she was closing Friday because her son was running a fever from the surgery he had on Wednesday to correct his lazy eye. She had informed us of this Wed. date way back in August, so I had scheduled a Dr's appointment and stayed home with Tuks on Wednesday. Soooo since I had already taken off 1 day last week and we are nearing the end of the quarter, and I didn't want to use up all my sick days (saving them for when the girls come home from Haiti) for problems not related to me or Tuks, I was desperate to find someone who would watch Tuki on such a short notice, and THANK YOU A MILLION times to Gabi's Mom, linked on my side bar, for agreeing to watch her on Friday. Gabi's Mom runs a daycare in her home and had offered me via blog comments to watch Tuki if ever I needed it, and boy did I need it. SO THANK YOU AGAIN!!!! Another plug for blogs!!! Tuki had a great time there and she was able to spend time with a fellow Guatemalan baby.

Then Saturday, we had our CC sectional meet, and I am happy to say we qualified for state, but by only 1 point, too close for comfort, yet we did make so another week of coaching.

Today we went to church, both took a really long nap, and then we (I) carved pumpkins because trick or treating is already next weekend.














This is what she did while I was carving!!!!!!!




Her key that she uses in every key hole she can find.

















She crashed and burned her car.












Attempted to sweep the garage.


I kept the pumpkin guts because I wanted to cook the seeds, but then Tuks found the bowl.


Cooking. The watch on her arm is my old watch. She likes to wear it because I wear a watch for coaching..the only time I ever wear a watch.........


Separating


Clapping her hands between each handful to get rid of the stickiness.


More separating


In need of nourishment..this is hard work.


Howling like the dogs and hooting like the owls.

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

The pictures are hillarious! What a great helper you have. That's better than any pumpkin seeds. :)
Kerri and Ruby

Marta said...

Congratulations on making State, I had a feeling you would! Those pictures of Tukis are so funny! Memories for a lifetime!

Sarah and Tim said...

How fun!

My Travels