"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Tag by fellow blogger

I have been tagged by Jen C and so here it goes...

Jobs I have had:past tense
1) Limited Term employee with the Department of Natural Resources
2) Wildlife Technician with the US Fish and Wildlife Service
3) Director and Founder of a Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
4) Veternarian Surgery Technician

but currently a science teacher, and loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Places I have lived:
1) Mississippi
2) Minnesota
3) New York
4) Wisconsin

Food I love:
1) Mexican food
2) Chocolate
3) Rice Krispies bars with Chocolate/Peanut Butter frosting
4) Really Good Salads

Places I would rather be:
1) On vacation--anywhere
2) On a beach relaxing
3) with all 3 of my daughters
4) belly laughing with friends

Movies I love:
1) The Christmas Story
2) Milagro Beanfield War
3) Gladiator
4) Sense and Sensibility
5) It's a Wonderful Life

TV Shows I Watch:
1) Criminal Minds
2) Greys Anatomy
3) Numbers
4) Desperate Housewives

Books I Love:
1) A Prayer for Owen Meany
2) Harry Potter Series
3) To Kill a Mockingbird
4) The Poisonwood Bible

I tag:
Kerri
Jane--who is out!!!
Lila
anyone else who wants to participate!!!!

2 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Cool jobs! This was fun. I'll do mine tomorrow. I meant to comment on your last post and never did but Tuks is an absolute doll! I adore her little Guatemalan dress.

Jane said...

I will answer tomorrow, too...only because I want my PGN OUT announcement to stay there just a few more hours!! You know that Disney World commercial where the little boy (and then the dad) both say, 'I'm too excited to sleep!'?? Well that's ME tonight!!

My Travels