"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Random Post on a dreary, wet weekend.

Tuks had her 3 1/2 year well appointment. She is 41" tall and 40 lb. 95% for height and weight, same as always, except that the Doctor was surprised she grew 3 1/4 inches in her third year. I guess kids slow down about now and Tuks hasn't.



Ve's hair. Six small braids with beads in front, but then pulled back since Ve doesn't like it hanging in her eyes. Four puffs in the back...





Five week old Chick pics

Both Golden-laced Wyandottes, Esther and Celeste, and Louise the Light Brahma in back


Maeve and Helen, Red Stars


Two Silver-laced Wyandottes. You can see that the silver lacing is starting to come in on Harriet(in front). Olympia is in the back


Thelma loves to sit on my lap each day. She is my favorite!!!


The Silver Phoenix...the question is is she an Edith (hen) or a Quincy (rooster). My mind changes each week...what do you think??

Students are still in school until Wednesday the 10th, and teachers are done about noon on Monday the 15th....then summer begins!!


That's all for now

2 comments:

Marta said...

yay summer! The chicks look great!

Tuks weighs more than my little one who is as you know, 6.5 years old.

Sarah said...

Hmmm, my mind immediately thought Edith, but I'll ask Atticus when he returns from playing at a friends.

Your girls are beautiful! I wish I could get Paloma to grow like Tuks. She just hit 30 pounds, 2 months before turning 4 :(

My Travels