"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Two Months

The chickens are now 2 months old so the changes are subtle in size and color. Not easily captured on film. So I will be posting only monthly on these 10.....but I warn you or maybe you have enjoyed the chick pixs, I will be posting weekly photos once the new six chicks arrive during the week of the 6th. All new breeds too.

The chickens are my therapy as weird as that may sound, I do love to watch them forage (which they seem to do ALL the time) and see them get all excited when I give them treats...

Louise and



Thelma, the 2 light brahmas

The 2 silver laced (Harriet & Olympia), 3 red stars (Charlotte, Helen, & Maeve) and silver phoenix (Quincy)


Quincy


2 golden laced (Esther & Celeste), 3 red stars, 1 silver laced and Quincy

1 comment:

Steph, G's Mom said...

So, did you intend to get one rooster? or ... well I gues what good are all the girls with no boys? if you want eggs that is LOL I don't know anything about raising chickens!

they are all so pretty, when will you start getting eggs? It seems like you are going to have a lot of eggs! Are you going to be selling them?

My Travels