"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wild and Crazy weekend

It has a perfectly wild and crazy weekend. Just the kind we needed to forget about all the hold-ups in Haiti.

Friday night we went to the Midwest Renewable Energy Fair, just 20 minutes east of us. People come from literally all over the US to attend this fair for ideas in renewable energy. Someday I hope to incorporate some of it in my home.. I hope. We arrived at 3:00pm, and didn't leave until after 8;00pm. We had the opportunity to attend several concerts featuring local folk singers. Now this is BIG BIG BIG for Tuki. She LOVES to listen and DANCE DANCE DANCE to this music, and she is good. So many people came up to her and told her what a wonderful dancer she is, in addition to the many who told me she was a wonderful dancer. She isn't shy either. Ve danced a little but either due to her shier personality or still getting use to all this new free spirited life, she watched more than danced. They both want to go back next year. Sorry no pictures!!!

Then Saturday we attended a picnic 45 minutes north of us with other families that have children that were born in Guatemala. Ve, Tuks and I talked non-stop in this drive about the picnic, Guatemala etc., As soon as we arrived we pulled up to this water sprayer water park. Tuks takes one look at it and shouts out "Oh Mama Thank you for taking me to Guatemala"..too funny I had to explain to her and Ve that this was not, in fact, Guatemala, but actually just a park with others who were born in Guatemala. The girls had a great time and then later in the day we still attended a graduation party for the son of a friend of mine. No naps so the girls slept well and then again after church today slept well again. Again no pictures.

Some reoccurring issues continue to arise with Ve, especially social ones and at a later date I plan to discuss them more in depth. She learns, but ohh does it take constant teaching. I sometimes feel I am making up teaching her values and character lessons and just proper social behavior that had been sparse the last five years.

Today, besides church, we just hung around home and did yard work and played in the little swimming pool.

Now for some other random pixs



The girls were playing and being real nice so they called me over to take a picture of them loving each other.

At 7 weeks old

Houston we have a problem:


Notice the blue black tail feathers coming in, Notice the longer neck feathers coming in.


Notice the red red comb and the wattles getting bigger...yeah me too and if that wasn't enough, I have now heard Quincy, yeah you read that right Quincy crow a couple of times now. It sounds like a squeaky door. The woods surrounding my home is just LOUD with bird calls all through the summer, so you can't really tell he is crowing. I didn't realize what it was at first, so I am hoping maybe the city fellas next door won't even notice since most don't tune in to bird calls and know the different calls any way..Wish me luck!@!


Charlotte and Thelma are bosom buddies to each other and love to hang with me too.


The two pretty golden-laced Wyandottes...Celeste and Esther. Getting prettier every week

The other five, Helen, Harriet, Louise, Maeve and Olympia

and then finally some garden pixs to make us all feel happy











No comments:

My Travels