"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Eve of Thanksgiving



Well it is the eve of Thanksgiving. I have much food prepared already, but still have much to do tomorrow before family and friends come to give thanks. Naturally, since we are trying EXTRA hard to keep the house clean, our 11 month old pups are messier than ever....but that is Murphy's Law all over again.
















What am I thankful for:
1. first and foremost my daughters. I have been more than fortunate with Tuki and then also in that my two eldest, who came home as older children, are pretty issue free, dare I say nearly typical behaviors (kids who have not been traumatized or experienced a major upheaval in their lives) that you would notice in biological children. I feel so so fortunate of this. And my friends this IS REAL, for US!! I am glossing over nothing here. My girls are amazing!!!

2. my health, it is problematic, but really nothing life threatening

3. my employment, sometimes I am completely humbled how God takes care of us with full employment, especially since my income is the only income into this family

4. my friends and family, ALWAYS there for us, ALWAYS ..Love you guys!!!

5. Our home; we have a home, a shelter, a place to call our own, an abode to gather with safety and love

6. Our pets; irksome sometimes, but way worth having around

7. Our country: it goes without saying...we are lucky, fortunate, blessed to be Americans

8. Our faith in God, without it we would lose our way, it anchors us in hard times, dark times. Our faith and love in God carries us so that our burdens are light and I am more than thankful that God has been patient with me when my faith wanes, but his is everlasting.

I read this quote somewhere and I instantly liked it.
"Even if we don't love or believe in God, it doesn't matter, because we can't change the fact that he always loves and believes in us"

1 comment:

Jane said...

Great post.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

My Travels