"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend & Christmas photo

Yesterday we had another HOOPS tourney a few hours away. Mim played a couple minutes in the first game, none in the second and about 8 minutes total in the third game. I am still struggling with the little amount of time she plays, and I have talked with the coach to no avail. Mim does get upset when she doesn't play, but in the end she and the team was awarded a big medal for 3rd place in the tourney. It is a roller coaster of emotions for her and me, yet I can't deny that she is getting better at playing, AND more importantly she seems to really like Basketball or believe I would never even consider this nonsense.

Today, after church, we ran to Walmart to pick up dog and cat food....but we had a surprise, ethnic Santa was there AND we received a free photo..can't beat that!!



Later today Grandma will be coming to bring Tuki and Ve their birthday presents. More than likely I will post more post birthday present photos. LOL

No comments:

My Travels