"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve

Mim and her Basketball HOOPS team. She received these photos in a Christmas card today. Aren't they sweet!!





The weeks preceding Christmas I was able to make and send out cards and letters, start making cookies and bars, buy and wrap the presents, put up a Christmas tree, BUT with only lights on it. Tomorrow we hope to finally put decorations on the tree and finish baking. The tree is also very small since we wanted to test drive the two Aussies with a tree. So far so good. I placed all the presents from me under the tree last night, and now tonight Santa will be coming.

We, Grandma and us, went to the Christmas Eve service tonight at church, came home and ate an original homemade squash soup...very good I must say so myself, and now we are awaiting bedtime. Tuki is spreading reindeer food outside the backdoor, I am am trying to think of ways to make it look like the food was eaten by the reindeer, Ve keeps stating "she can't wait until Santa comes" and Mim is in her room doing some sort of teenage thing, don't know for sure because the door is always closed.

Tomorrow we will get up early, far too early, open our presents, eat cinnamon buns and then play until we leave for my sisters later in the day.

I must admit I am struggling a tad with my Christmas spirit, not sure why. I think I just need some down time, but probably won't happen until after Sunday. I am grateful that we are not hosting the family Christmas this year. It just may have pushed me off the "over the top" edge. So I guess I still do believe in miracles, most especially the miracle of having a low key day tomorrow....Wishing you and your family one too...

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hope you got your low key Christmas wish. Merry Christmas!

My Travels