"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, March 2, 2009

Imagative Play & Updates

One of the concerns of children coming from orphanages is that they do not know how to play imaginatively. The environment in which they have come from was not the best in which to encourage this type of play. Ve didn't know how to play with toys or imagine stories with toys when she first came home. But, now I would have to say her imagination is going full speed. Ve loves to play Mama with dolls, and doing her "babies" hair. The other night Tuks and Ve were re-enacting our bedtime routine all the way to the point of kissing the other good night and telling each other that they love each other. Ve was playing my role and Tuks was playing herself.

Now recently Ve's imagination includes her cat buddy Hubble. She calls him her baby and walks around cradling him as if he were her baby. Now that is some good imagination going on there. I also have noticed that Tuks imagination has expanded as well since she and Ve are more actively playing with each other than side by side. Of course this also increases "mine" squabbles, but it is certainly worth it to see them play so healthy.
___________________________________________________________________

A FEW UPDATES

Update on my gourd seeds. After only two days, 8 seeds have sprouted long enough roots that I have potted them. Each day there will be more until I feel the remaining seeds are duds. It works this quick every year.
______________________________________________________________________________

Today, I finally mailed in the I-600 fee and the Visa paperwork for Mim. I had received an email from the Haiti USCI telling me that I need to send an additional fee since Mim was not biologically related to Ve, and to tell me there was a minor typo on the birth parent date.

A few days after I had received the above email, I emailed the USCIS office in Haiti, and asked if there was anything in Mim's file that may cause a NOID. This is an issue by their office that basically states that an adoption could not be completed due to some problems. Their response to my email was that there was no reason to issue a NOID, so we just had to fix these two minor issues. WHEW, was that a relief. So now I wait for the approval of the I-600, and then the issue of Mim's Visa. How long, only God knows that answer!!

4 comments:

Marta said...

I talked to Marie today. She said the girl's files and paperwork are at the Embassy now and she is trying to get their medicals scheduled for next week (has Mim had hers yet?) I sent the paperwork in December, but now I can finally send the fees. I asked her if we should anticipate any problems, she said "just wish the best for them" I don't think anyone can know in advance.

laura said...

I can't believe you were brave enough to even ask about a NOID!! I would be afraid mentioning the word would bring on an investigation or something. I guess I am too superstitious. So happy to hear Mims is so close to coming home, hope its this month!

Not Betty Crocker said...

I agree with Laura but of course, what the heck do I know since I am a NOID reciepent.

Aves, you crack me up the way you just come out and ask things.

It's so good to hear updates about Ve and her transition. I hope it's not much longer until you have Mim home.

Anonymous said...

Praying that time flies!
Your girls are precious:)

My Travels