"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, March 9, 2009

Today-our family

Just for the record, even though I have days in which I struggle with the adjustments, I have NEVER, EVER regretted expanding our family with more children. There have always been days of struggle, as a single, childless, as a mother, full time career woman, and there will always be days of struggle in the future. You name it people struggle, it doesn't mean a person has failed, it just means they are being honest with how they are feeling at the given moment in time. Like I have said earlier, one day I will look back and wonder what all this struggle was really all about...and probably won't be able to find the answer, that is until I check this blog post...LOL


Loving each other outside


Ve walking down our long drive after getting off the bus. It has been a long slow transition to help her feel comfortable in walking this distance by herself. I use to meet her when the bus dropped her off, then I started meeting 3/4 away up the drive, then half, and now Tuks is the greeter about 1/4 away up the drive.


Tuks likes to run out and meet her


They meet


Give each other a hug (which I didn't get on camera) and walk into the house together. This happens every day.

After supper tonight, instead of going to the YMCA, we played outside since it was so nice.


Ve checking out our Great Horned Owl. She really likes animals. I am so glad.


Trying to build a snowman in a pot


Listening and looking for the Chickadeedees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Making a snow angel


Being goofy


Checking out the perennial garden stalks left from the winter


Getting cold and dark, but look, buds on the red maple...spring truly is around the corner even though we had a big snow fall yesterday, and then it warmed to 40 degrees today and melted much of the new snow away.

2 comments:

Marta said...

OH I love those pictures!!! They look so good together, and Ve looks like she is doing so well.

Leslie said...

Yay--they look great. It really is worth it, despite all the struggles.

My Travels