"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hair Update5


Tuks being an ARTIST expressing herself on her face!!





















Today it took me 1 1/2 hours to put in regular braids on the front, side and back, and then MY FIRST attempt EVER, at french braids on the middle section of her hair. Granted it is, poorly done, but I am glad to at least made a step in the right direction. Unfortunately I don't believe it will last more than one week because it is not tight enough. Still so much to learn.


back. There are actually yellow beads in the back of her hair, but the flash from the camera washed the color out.



Front





















Tuks naturally had to have braids in her hair too. I'd rather just leave hers free flowing since she have these wonderful full waves that people have been known to pay thousands for, but she insists on matching Ve.

Since I planned the time poorly to style Ve's hair this morning, we missed church. I still have so much to figure out, but I feel like I am getting s l o w l y better with each week. I actually managed to get beads in this week WITHOUT breaking any threaders!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So cute--great job! I have missed church a few times underestimating the time to unbraid/ rebraid the girls' hair. I can't always figure out how long it's going to take. Keep up the good work!

My Travels