"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, June 11, 2007

Changes

You will notice I have changed our names to hide our identity. No, nothing happened, I just decided that one of the ways that I want to protect my kids through blogging is to not share their complete identity. I have attempted to change everyone mentioned in the blog. I may not post as many photos so as not to display recent ones. I want to try and talk more about happenings without so many photos. I hope you will stick with me through these changes.

So for now on, I am known as Aves..the taxonomic name for the class of birds.

Tuki, my daughter will still be known as Tuki, and/or Owl.
Owl is her Native American birth sign.

My son in Haiti will be known as Hawk, his Native American birth sign.

No, I do not practice Native American religion, yet I do appreciate their philosophy of preserving our environment. I know God created all things, therefore you can see how incredible God is through his creation. I also find it ironic that my favorite groups of birds..raptors which contain diurnal hawks and nocturnal owls are the birth signs of both my children. God has a great sense of humor.

My new photo is of the Grand Teton. Several years ago, I and several friends summitted that beauty of a mountain. I realized that I was made of much more courage than I had ever thought. I was terrified during the climb, but I kept going, and this only six months after ACL and MCL reconstruction surgery on my left knee. You look at life differently when you are 13,900 feet in the air with the mountain on one side of you and "open sky" on the other.

As a side note, I received my I171H (or whatever it is called from the USCIS) today. We are all set with paperwork for Hawk's adoption.

4 comments:

T and T Livesay said...

Hi -
I got your note on our most recent blog post ... if you can email me we can talk privately and if I can get an address from you it would be a HUGE HUGE help to us if you carried something in for us later this month ... tl7inhaiti@yahoo.com -- Thanks!

Sarah and Tim said...

Love the new picutres. The name thing is cool also, and completely understand the protection of your children.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I love your blog changes. Lovely mountain photo. I agree it's better to be a little vague about identities on the net. Have a great trip!

Calico Sky said...

While I reveal far more with blogger friends I email with, I am extremely cautious in other ways - no last name, no name of where I live etc.

My Travels