"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, June 29, 2007

Trip down South

Our trip consisted of two separate parts. The first involving the time in Louisiana, and the second in Haiti. While Tuki and I were in LA, we spent quality time with my brother and his family, drove to the Gulf coast and observed the damage from Hurricane Rita, did the swamp tour to see the alligators and just hung around their home swimming, caring for the horses, and relaxing. It was a good time as usual.

Tuki did OK on the plane ride down. Big mistake on my part was not spending the extra money for her own seat. By the time we arrived, she was relentless, overly tired and of course insecure in all the changes. She managed to settle down by the time I had to leave for Haiti, but she was never really herself due to the changes, her schedule was completely off while there, so she was usually tired, and not wanting to sleep, and of course the tantrums. I won't even go into the tantrum displays she had in the airport and on the the planes. I can fully appreciate the desire to stay home for the rest of the summer, because the trip threw her off quite a bit. I think it will take a few weeks to get her settled back into her regular routine. She was great with my family while I was in Haiti, but then yesterday she was showing me all kinds of anger behavior. I imagine because I had left her, and she didn't know why..poor thing. By the way, she turned 19 months old today.



Aunt D, Cousin E, Uncle J, Tuki and new member, Maltese puppy K on the swamp tour boat.


Another alligator...yep, we went to see them purposely......


Tuki and me (don't look at me too closely, all I wanted to do was stay cool in the hot, humid south) looking at an Alligator.











Uncle J and Tuki dancing to the great 80's.


















Cousin E swimming with Tuki.


Cousin E and Tuki..over the 10 days spent together these two developed a love/hate relationship..just like siblings would.



Tuki chomping in on her first corn on the cob...it was well received.

1 comment:

Sarah and Tim said...

Sounds like fun!!!! I can't see the pictures though. There is only an X in the top corner.

My Travels