"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Popcorn-fun to make and fun to eat!!


Still not totally surrendered this whole 18 month to 2 year wait thing for Panda to come home over to God...so, just so you know how stressed I am, I ate a whole bag of microwavable popcorn by myself after Tuki went to bed, around 7:00pm..I guess I just blew over the "no food after 7" rule....oh well...I needed the comfort food tonight!!!!!!!!! I need at least a few more days to feel sorry for myself and then I promise I will move on, I always do........

The eating binge might also have to do with the fact that I am overly tired because Tuks and I got up at 4;15 am this morning to go to a nearby town for a 6:00am (according to the website) balloon launch, but the thing is it didn't happen until after 7:00am, so we could have slept at least 2 more hours.....sorry no pictures.

2 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

I know what you mean!! I am still trying to wrap my mind around the whole time thing also. I just keep telling my self that I am just going to pray Isaiah home by next Christmas!!! I will pray for Panda to be home by then also!!!

Jane said...

You mean those microwave bags of popcorn are supposed to be more than ONE serving? LOL.
I can't tell you how many times I've succumbed to stress and eaten popcorn, cookies or ice cream for dinner. (I will not publicly admit to that one time I ate all three...) Go with the flow to keep yourself moving forward... there will be no extra guilt coming from us!

My Travels