"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tuks is 21 months old today

I always forget how butt dragging tired I become after a full day at school and then 2 hours of CC practice. Yes, today Tuks spent 11 hours at daycare..yes, I know, don't flame me, I am struggling with the guilt of it all too. But, here is the thing, I am doing poorly with it, and she is sill a little happy camper. Her daycare is an in-home care, so she is actually spending time with a larger family then when it is just her and me. Yes, I know she and I love "our" time, but I can also tell she loves spending time in a larger family setting...that's why I want to parent more kids..for her and me. I probably won't be able to coach when Panda comes home, but the (lack of)speed of her process makes me believe I still may be able to squeeze in next year's season.

On the bright side of her language, for the last week or so she has very pointedly been calling me mama. She has said the word for a long time, but not always specifically to me when she wants something..that now has turned a corner, so maybe we may see a language explosion before she is 2 years.

Happy 21 months Tuks.............

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

That must just make your heart flutter to hear her call you mama.

Thinking of you and hoping things start moving with Panda's case soon.

Kerri and Ruby

Jenn said...

Happy 21st monh, Tuki!! I love this age, everyday a new discovery, a new word, it is so much fun! Enjoy her.

Sarah said...

This is a great time for the two of you! Don't fret too much over her verbal skills--Paloma only had a few words at 22 month, and in the past two months her vocabulary has truly exploded and she is moving into phrases as well. My son didn't speak until he was 3 and has never stopped since, literally, except for bedtime. And on occasion I'll even bribe him with a quarter for 5 minutes of quiet, so be careful what you wish for ;) Your daycare sounds like a wonderful place for Tuki--between going there and home with you, she's a very lucky, happy girl.
-Sarah C.

My Travels