"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Gourd Success

Yesterday, we had one of those longer than 10 hour days because I had a CC meet last night. But, considering all things, it went well. Tuks started showing me her disdain for this new schedule of spending more hours away from home, than at home. I understand that, but it is only for 2 months..so I justify it.

My care for Tuks on meet days/night are as follows: she goes to the daycare during school hours and then at 5:00pm I have a college student pick her up, bring her home and feed her, play with her, put her to bed, etc., and then stay until I arrive home. I hired the same college student that I did last year and it works well because it guarantees that Tuks will be at daycare for the maximum of 10 hours, and then onto home. I was told all went well yesterday, Tuki is tired today, but otherwise good. I was planning to go to the fair, but she wanted nothing to do with that idea for today, so we are just hanging around home. We both need the respite from wandering.

On another positive note, I am starting to get some gourds growing, and since we usually don't get a freeze until mid-October, I may actually get some of decent size.

Well, that's about all that is exciting here...still waiting to hear how the 3 mothers are doing who are picking up their kids from Haiti this week...it is always nice when they come home.

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

Hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend together!!

My Travels