"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm still here

I'm still here, but I am totally obsessed with the CC season and the meets. We have a strong team this year, and very likely we will make it to state. It is exciting!!!
My nights are filled with playing with Tuks and getting ready for the next day's lesson.

Tuki was bit in the cheek yesterday at daycare. A new boy around 2 years old started attending and he bit her. I guess it is an issue with him. She has a circle on her cheek where his top and bottom teeth left an impression. She seems to not be bothered by it at all, and I understand that when you have a bunch of kids together, no matter how careful you are, things just happen. BUT, I sure hope his parent's work with him and stopping the biting!! I don't want it to happen again. Once is enough. Tuks was biting me this summer when we were wrestling and playing around, but I nipped that behavior right away, so I know it can be stopped.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ouch! I hope the issue resolves soon . . .I've been the parent of the bitten kid, and unfortunately, the biter, and you're right--it can be nipped in the bud.

StefB said...

HOW did you guys nip it in the bud. There is a "biter" right now at my daughter's daycare, too, and her mom is open to suggestion...

Thanks,
Stefanie

Anonymous said...

HOW did you nip the biting issue???? I've been working with my daughter for almost 10 months now and am at my wits end. I've spoken to the Dr., daycare, friends, family, read books, websites and everything I can think of and still she bites. It is sooo depressing and frustrating to pick her up from daycare (one day per wk) to hear she has had a buffet of the other children.

A

My Travels