"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, September 24, 2007

Cheetah-(code name)




Ok for my big news, I am bringing home another daughter from Haiti. So yes that makes two. Oh yeah, if you think I am a little crazy, then yes, I will agree, but I know a God that has led me to this place AND with peace and joy.

But to fully understand this whole situation I have to tell you the story about Cheetah.

Last February, I had originally committed to Hawk, believing at the time that he was a healthy, happy 10 month old. I quickly scheduled my home study and acquired the papers for my dossier. I was approved for 2 children, with the hope of bringing Cheetah home too. So come April, I finally made a commitment to her as well as Hawk.
Soon after (weeks), I found out how ill Hawk truly was, and after talking with many people, and freaking out a little about the idea of bringing a young sick toddler and a healthy 6+ year old home at the same time, I let Cheetah's referral go (She was not at the O yet, so I felt I didn't alter her life in any negative way) so I could devote the time to Hawk. Another family committed to her right away the next day.

Then come late June, I traveled to Haiti to meet and assess Hawk. It was at that time, I realized that I could not pursue his adoption because I felt his condition was just more that I could handle in my given situation, single and working mom with a young child already at home. I also had the opportunity to meet and spend some time with Cheetah. The last night there, I played catch ball with her, another girl and three boys from the O. It was this time and the fact that I noticed her within hours of arriving even though I was still across the street at Walls Guesthouse, that I knew she was to join my family. Somehow I felt there was a connection and I was angry with myself for letting her go. Many, many other visiting adoptive parents that have met her, had also noticed how sweet and kind Cheetah is. BTW, Hawk has a new forever family that is better suited for him.

As soon as I arrived home, I started contacting the O's facilitator and let her know that if Cheetah's adoption with the other family didn't happen then I wanted to bring her home to also join my family. I was also in deep prayer about this whole situation as well. God really worked a deep faith in me for trusting his provision over the summer. Basically letting me know through various situations that Cheetah was his idea and that he would provide through me for the 3 girls (includes Tuki). After all they are his children first, secondly they are their birthparents and thirdly they are/will be my children.

I also just felt deep within my spirit I was to also be her mother, but then early September, I heard that the other family was to send in their dossier within the week, so I reluctantly let the idea go and starting thinking and praying about the possibly of a different third child. There are so many that need homes. I could not, no matter how hard I tried, shake the idea of a third child away. But then lo and behold, this Saturday, Cheetah became available again. The O's facilitator let me know late Saturday and I committed to her that night. So...that means I will be a mother of 3 sometime later next year. I am over the moon over all 3 of my daughters!!!!!!!!!

I do realize that it will take time with allot of work, understanding and patience to help the two new girls adjust, attach and trust me and Tuki, but I know God will be with me through the thick and thin of each and every day.

Before this summer, and before God's deep working in me, the past years with difficult situations, I had lost trust and faith in his provision for me, yes I believed in him, I just didn't trust him....thank goodness he didn't give up on me.

For those of you reading this and thinking OMG, does she know what she is getting into, the answer is yes and no, yes, because I have read, am reading and preparing for their arrival, and no because until they are home and I am parenting three children, I won’t understand completely. But I feel in time, it will all be good!!!!

9 comments:

Kate said...

OMG!!!! YEAH!!! I am SO happy for you:) What a beautiful family you have!!! You will do GREAT, you are an amazing person and an amazing mother!! Congrats! I have been checking your blog all day!!:)

Jane said...

Congratulations!!! I know this has been on your mind a long time. As the middle of 3 sisters...well, I wish you luck, but I know the joy will far outweigh the rough patches with so many females under one roof!

Sarah said...

Aves, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am thrilled for you and these three beautiful girls! I am a mother of three (for now ;), and it is a wonderful number, IMHO. What an amazing, Lord-directed journey this is for you and these kids. You're all in our prayers :)

Mandy said...

Wow that's amazing. I didn't even know that you were trying to bring home 2 children. Thanks for sharing that part of your journey. You are amazing for wanting to bring them both home and for trying to make it work witht the little boy!!

veggiemom said...

Congratulations!!! What an exciting time for you! I have been reading through your archives as I've started thinking about Haiti as an option for #2. Someone else had recommended the same orphanage you're using. I will be so excited to follow your journey to bring Cheetah home too.

Kerri and Ruby

Janet said...

Congratulations~~ Whave a lucky Mom you are to add Cheetah to your family!

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CrazyD said...

Congrats on your big news. What a wonderful treat to have met Cheetah and already have a bond with her. I also just love that you have pursued her. It reminds me of how Christ was pursuing us before we even knew it.

May God bless you and give you the strength for all that is to come.

CrayzD

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Oh how wonderful! God bless and care for you all!

My Travels