"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fever??!!

Well Tuki and I stayed home today. It was her third day of running a fever of 101 degrees and so I decided that I needed to deal with it. I called the doctor and they said to bring her in for a 2:30pm appointment. So this left me with this morning and her nap. She was low key ALL morning and then her nap came, and she didn't want to sleep, and she was hysterical crying. So I wrapped her in two blankets and sat and rocked with her laying against me. She slept that way for over 1 1/2 hours. She of course broke out into a big sweat, and so when she woke, her fever had broke. This is the third time I have done this with her since she has been home and each time her fever broke. Well, I kept today's appointment anyway, and when I told the doctor what I had done she acted like and looked at me like I was crazy. So basically she sent me home stating kids get unexplained fevers all the time and we'll just watch her. I did insist on getting her stool sample checked because since I have been home from Haiti, my digestive system has been really out of whack (no I haven't gotten it checked out yet..hoping it goes away on its own--LOL), so I wondered if Tuks got anything from me. I am waiting results. She weighed 29.8lbs and was 35" tall at 21 1/2 months. Remember when she was sick in late July, it was the same deal as this time, unexplained fever??!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

A fever is a good thing as I am sure you know! It is her body trying to fight off whatever is "bugging" her. Most times these fevers are viral related. Is she teething? Cutting those two year molars in the back? My kids always ran low grade fevers and had some GI issues with new teeth.

Feel better soon, Tuki!

veggiemom said...

Poor Tuki!!! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Kerri and Ruby

Sarah said...

Aww, I hope little Tuki feels better soon! Hang in there, Mom :)

My Travels