"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, September 9, 2007

AWFUL!!

Ok, I know this picture of both of us is well, AWFUL!!! It was taken at the meet yesterday by a runner's parent. In our defense we were both hot, tired and looking directly into the sun.....But I decided to post it anyway to show how un-vain (is this a word) we are and because I haven't posted a picture of Tuks in awhile.

So have a good laugh, and proclaim.."at least I don't look as bad as her, " her meaning me because as you know Tuks is just the cutest!! and I hope this thought carries you into a good week!!!

7 comments:

veggiemom said...

I love to see pics of the parents in blogs because we all post pics of our kids and I always wonder what the parents look like. No one ever looks how I expect them too and then the second I see the pic, I can't remember how I expected them to look - lol. Also seeing my dad (a retired CC coach) after a meet, I think you both are looking pretty spiffy for being out there. :)

Kerri and Ruby

Suzanne said...

You look great - happy and smiling!
Suzanne

Jenn said...

You both look great!

Gail said...

Looks terrific!! Looks like a mother and daughter enjoying a day out together.
Gail

Jane said...

Girl! You don't know AWFUL until you see some of the "self portraits" I took of me and the baby girl in Guatemala! I look 100 years old and she looks scared! No need to check my blog for pics of me...they are not there. Seriously, that's a great pic of the two you out having fun together.

Sarah and Tim said...

Actually I don't think its a bad pic at all! I like it. You look very fit and young, and well you said it she is just the cutest!

Sarah said...

Awful? Puh-leeze---you two look great! Fun, happy and enjoying life--doesn't get much better than that :)

My Travels