"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Inner Thoughts

How many other parents struggle with patience?
Tuki is REALLY a GREAT kid, but still a typical almost two year old. On some days I struggle with being patient with her grabbing and pulling at everything. I love her curiosity, yet some days it tires me out. It is not her fault, it is all mine, she is just being her age..but what age am I being when I lose my inner peace???

When those days come, usually the same time each month, I can't help but think she would have been happier in a better family, specifically a better mom. Logically I know this isn't true, but emotionally, sometimes I really wonder!!!

8 comments:

Calico Sky said...

I think everyone struggles with it. I used to give myself a time out - big breaths.
Don't be hard on yourself :)

veggiemom said...

Been right there with ya feeling like that.

Kerri and Ruby

Sarah and Tim said...

She is in the perfect family! God chose it this way, and his way is perfect! Don't allow the enemy to fool you into those thoughts!

Jenn said...

Everyone has times when there patience runs a bit short, I am sure Tuki does too! Don't be so hard on yourself, take a few deep breaths and realize that you have a full plate with work, CC, motherhood, adoption, etc...

You are doing a great job, some days are harder than others, that I understand all too well. A certain attitude or behavior on one day is fine and the next day the same behavior is enough to make your skin crawl... Tuki is right where she belongs, don't be too hard on yourself.

Mandy said...

You are just part of the club. I think every parent feels this way at some point in their childs life. You are doing a great job so don't get down about the few times you are inpatient. Hugs!!

Sarah said...

Oh, those horrible, frustrating days. . .we all have them, and we all handle them with less-than-ideal behavior ourselves sometimes. Hang in there and know you're not alone. You and Tuki are a perfect family, impatient days and all :)

Suzanne said...

Don't be hard on yourself. We all have those days. I really struggle with patience, too.
Suzanne

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I am right there with you. My verse for this month: "The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help live in joy." Psalm 69:32.

I am learning to be humble about my weakness and rely on God's grace and strength. The promise is for gladness and joy!

My Travels