"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Off and Running

The weekend started out busy..I had a home cross country meet to attend and coach, so I left the house at 7:15am. As soon as CC Angie (the name I call our babysitter during the CC season) came through the doors this morning, Tuks started crying. She KNEW I was leaving and she didn't like it!! This season is more of a struggle because Tuks is older and struggling more, therefore I am struggling more.

By the way we won all three of our races against 17 different schools.

Later around 10:00am my friend E picked Tuki up and brought her to the meet. She loved yelling, clapping, running around and just hanging with all the other spectators. It was a blast for her. I am really grateful that E took the time to bring her over. He then brought her home and put her down for her nap, and stayed until I arrived home. She slept 3 hours and then once awake we were off and running to our annual family reunion on my Dad's side of the family. Around 6:30pm Tuks let me know that she was ready to come home for bed. Tomorrow, besides church and grocery shopping, we are staying HOME!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those At-Home days are just the best after a day of chasing, aren't they? I hope it was a good one :)

My Travels