"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, August 13, 2007

Summer is over!!


Today was the first day of cross country running practice. There are over 90 girls that are signed up for the team. This means summer is officially over for me and Tuks since we will be practicing twice a day for the next two weeks. I will be tired!! The neat thing is that Tuks gets to come to the evening practices, so she is surrounded by teenage girls that just adore her and dote on her. Most of my students and past athletes know that she became my daughter through adoption, and I think she is a bit of celebrity because of it. No, they don't talk about it in front of her, they just get all excited to see her. Of course who can deny the cute factor that surrounds her as well.

I can hardly wait until Panda can experience this type of positive attention.

I received some pictures of Panda after some adoptive parents returned from visiting their daughter. Panda looked VERY sad, shy and I really don't think the orphanage life agrees with her. Some kids do well in the O, some not so much. It seems like according to the pictures that I receive, the longer she is there, the more sad she appears in photos. She has been at the O since early May. That breaks my heart, and I long for her to come home to her forever family so that she can get the love and attention, and permanent family she so craves. I miss her, and already my paperwork has hit two snags and it is only still in the first stage. I guess we are suppose to hear something soon that we will enter IBSER any day. But when, oh when. My paperwork has been in first legal for 9 1/2 weeks when it was only suppose to take 4 to 6 weeks. I realize the long wait is due to the attorney taking a month vacation,
and I realize that she will be home in the perfect time, God's timing, but oh I struggle sometimes and I really miss her.....

I am hoping with my schedule getting busier, time will pass quickly, and before I know it, I will be traveling to bring her home.............I hope time passes quickly for her too..

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah, those dreaded sad photos. Our Granny Bin report last month just about broke my heart with the pictures of Joel--he was absolutely expressionless and his eyes dull. If it wasn't for Jen being there saying that she had seen them smiling, I probably would have gone down myself. This last Bin report was a big improvement, but there is still something missing. I think O life is hard on these little ones; my boys really don't know anything different (they were brought there when barely 2), so it's their home, but it's not enough, no matter how good it is comparatively. We are so alike--hoping these busy schedules help this time to fly by and that we'll be there before we know it. Sigh. On a much happier note--I can just imagine how those girls dote and fawn over your little Tuki! She is a such a doll :) And, I have a feeling that we're going to see some big movement with Marie's files very soon--the big stack you're in going in, and the ones who have been in since March and April going out. It's time to get these kids closer to coming home!

Jenn said...

Sorry you are feeling so blue. I know the wait is so hard. Every Bin report I get is of a sad, skinny little boy. I ache for his little heart and know that he needs a family. I agree that some of the children are fine in the O ( relatively speaking )while other's seem to not thrive. I hope Panda is in better spirits for her next photo shoot, it will set your mind at ease a bit.

I did see that many of the kids I took pictures of looked sad and withdrawn but in person were full of energy. Hope that helps a bit. I am crossing my fingers for good news this week about your file, getting IN!!

Sarah and Tim said...

I see what you mean in the photo. I am going to live in denial for a bit, and pretend that she is simply in deep thought, thought about life with you and Tuki. I also know all about the paper glitches. I just found out today the the secretary of state doesn't have record of a couple of papers i sent, so I will have to wait and see if they show up in the mail at some point in time. I am nervous about this, and somewhat saddened.

Jane said...

Sorry your process is taking so long. Being prepared for a long wait doesn't make it one bit easier does it?

Calico Sky said...

She is simply beautiful, even behind the melancholy!

My Travels