"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Adoption Update

New pictures of the girls taken by a visiting mom. Thanks A!!!




I guess Panda is close to getting signed out of Parquet. maybe a late summer/fall homecoming??? Hopefully, but don't really know for sure.


I have been doing good in distracting myself from being consumed with the adoption process. I have found myself getting excited at the thought of home coming, yet terribly scared and worried due to the riots and food shortage. So I have mentally stepped away from the situation all together, so that I can function and enjoy the here and now with Tuks. I have been involved in the adoption process either with Tuks or my Haitian girls for over 3 years now, and I will probably in process several more years before Cheetah is home. So, I realized I needed a mental break from it all. That is why you didn't see me post much about the riots. It wasn't that I don't care, I really was worried and concerned for the country of Haiti and the people, it is just too over whelming for me. I have many demands on my time, energy and money right now, and I want to get things more settled before Panda gets home so I am keeping a more inward, around home approach...for the time being any way. It is my way of keeping an eye on each of the balls that I have juggling in the air.

2 comments:

veggiemom said...

I've been thinking about you and the girls with the food riots.
Kerri and Ruby

Marta said...

The girls look beautiful as always!

My Travels