"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

lia sophia gives to Haiti




Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention on the earlier post. I am planning a lia sophia party on May 7th as a fundraising party for the girl's O in Haiti. I have been planning it since April 6. As you may have surmised by now, I am NOT a big jewelry wearer. Ear rings and occasionally a necklace, or ring now and then. So after consulting the lady who displays the jewelry (what do they call themselves??). She said I could do this as a fundraiser, so any commission I receive will go directly into donation, and then add that to her commission, which I guess is around 40% and that will go directly as a donation..So keep your eyes open for the total for the O after May 7th.

2 comments:

veggiemom said...

What a great idea! Hope you have a great turnout!
Kerri and Ruby

Brenda said...

OH Oh OH. This is where we now differ ma'am!! Can you post photos and prices? Or is there a website or catalog?

My Travels