"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend Thoughts

Nine weeks left to the end of the school year....YEAH

and

I have decided NOT to go back to Haiti until Panda's pick up trip, even though I do not know when this is yet. I have made this decision from reading many blogs from other parents that are adopting older children. The children seem to have a real hard time when the parents leave, and I don't want to cause this kind of trauma in either of my girl's life. Why start the bonding process before it is permanent. I am already concerned about how Cheetah will feel once I leave with Panda, and Cheetah is left behind. I know it will be explained to her, but what one understands logically and what one feels emotionally are two different things.

and

Tuks took a tumble out of her crib this afternoon during her nap, so I guess it is time to put together her toddler bed, since I have yet to locate a nice and reasonably priced set up bunk beds.......

2 comments:

Chapter Two said...

We had the same trouble finding reasonably-priced bunk beds in our area and eventually took a try on EBay. We purchased ours from a retailer who has an Ebay store and so the beds were new. The price was incredible compared to what we found in the classifieds too. If you want, I can let you know the Ebayer we bought from (I think shipping was free). Just thoughts...

Michelle Smiles said...

I can't imagine how tough those choices must be to make and how hard it will be to pick up one girl and not the other. Ugh!

My Travels