"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Thursday, April 3, 2008

At a loss.........



I am at a loss at Tuks new behavior. It has been going on for a few weeks now. Whenever we are in store and I talk with any sort of sales clerk, check out person etc., Tuks screams "Go away', and then she growls at them. I tell her that she needs to stop, it is naughty., etc., and she just proceeds in telling me "No". So I eventually put her in time out in the store until she is ready to say "I'm sorry". I have her do this to the sales person and to me. We talk about it later, about how naughty the behavior is, and she eventually says she won't do it again...but of course she does.

So I ask
1.has anyone seen this type of behavior before???

2. What did you do to correct it?

3. How long of a time did this behavior last?

5 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

My niece did the growling thing (and still does) at people she doesn't like-even if it's her first time to meet them. I have no advice for you-my sister is also at a loss as how to stop this. It's kind of funny to me though as I thought we had the only "growler". Good luck!

veggiemom said...

No suggestions but ugh! Isn't toddler behavior frustrating sometimes.
Good luck!
Kerri and Ruby

Brenda said...

I'd say she is jealous of sharing her mom! A couple of my kids growled. Good news. They are teens now and quit! : )I'd say you are handling it just right!

Chapter Two said...

I have no advice to offer and would guess it's just a phase, but I commented to just say that she sure is a beautiful girl! I'll bet the sales clerks can see through the growl to the little one who just wants mommie's full attention. I hope it passes soon, though!
By the way, I appreciate the way you handled the lice issue...and encouraged the stopping of the spreading.
Blessings!

Mandy said...

I first off have to say that I LOVE Tuks new hair style. It is so cute and I love it!!

As for behavior I think they just go in spurts. Asha had a few weeks where she would push people away and tell them to go away and then she moved on to something else. You are doing everything right and eventually she will move on to some other behavior that confuses you.

My Travels