"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Busy with Projects


Tuks flying her kite. We went to Kite Fest last Sunday. That is where the new header picture was taken.


I am not very blogative lately. The weather is looking so much better that I may be able to take my gourds and other plants back outside permanently as of this coming Sunday. I hope to till up some ground in the dogs enclosure..it's big, and the only place I could possibly hope to grow veggies with all my deer around. I'll take the deer, but I need to be creative with my growing. I have also decided to break down some of the perennial beds until I can spend more time in them. Save the plants that I can and mow the others under. I have some big projects going on right now.
1. for school - arranging a GPS training with the science teachers by my friend E.
2. for home - this is what I will explain at a later date
3. for Haiti - the lia sophia party is coming up next Wednesday
4 my backyard - planting trees, growing veggies from seed, and getting the garden ready

Tuks has had good days and bad days with her "tudes". When she is bad I remind myself that we are in terrible twos, and when she is good I tell myself this is who she really is under all that sprouting independence. She seems to be much better when I take the time to explain to her what we are going to do, what behavior I expect from her, and then what rewards or consequences she will receive depending on how she acts. Now it may seem obvious to you, but it is something I am getting slowly better at. Remember I have been living by myself for many, many years. Once off of work, I could go or do anything without explaining it to anyone. Then when Tuks was younger, I again didn't really have to explain anything, she just came along for the ride and fun. BUT, now with her budding personality, she definitely has something to say about what we do, and she does let me know if I did a bad job of informing her. LOL

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

Love the new picture header!
Glad you've found what helps with behavior. We're still working on that here. Not so fun sometimes. I just keep reminding myself that someday it will be better. ;0)
Kerri and Ruby

This Mama said...

Like the new look!!

Yes, spring seems to be the time to start all sorts of projects. Godd thing the days are longer :)

Mandy said...

2 year olds are very good at letting us know when they aren't happy with us. Hope there are more good days than bad days. The independance thing is hard especially if you have a very opinionated 2 year old.

Where do you find all these fun places to go. Tuks is lucky to have such a fun mom!!

My Travels