"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, April 20, 2008

I am Meme

I saw this on several blogs, and so I decided to do it and turn it into a Meme

I tag.. Kerri and Ruby
......Jen C from Finding Wil
......Casa de King
......Small Town Girl
......Asha's Mama
......Blessed Life
......Mandy from Three plus Three



the I am Meme

i am: a lover of Christ, a Mama, and a naturalist

i think: life is going by too quickly

i know: that I will grow older with each passing day, so I won’t hold back from what I can do today

i want: to meet and be attracted to a good, honest man who knows how to make and keep a commitment

i have: great friends and great family members

i wish: people would stop telling me how to take care of my yard. I like it the way it is…natural and wild

i hate: mean and dishonest people

i miss: my parents

i fear: life will be over before I have done everything I want to try

i feel: the most deeply intense love for Tuki

i hear: Tuks playing tea party with Bear bear

i smell: nothing at the moment

i crave: the outdoors, a good run, and hugs from those I am close to

i search: for inner peace and contentment at all times, yet still hard to find sometimes

i wonder: if I will ever get there

i regret: not noticing the good men in my life when they were there, thinking I always had more time to find a commitment minded man who I was compatible with

i love: Tuki and my life

i ache: for the finalization of the adoption process for my girls in Haiti

i care: to be a good person who can help others, through actions or financial contribution, but I need to get out of debt (for the sake of my family) before I will allow myself to make the financial contributions

i always: leave my shoes and coats laying around the house

i am not: a neat freak, nor am I messy, I tend to maintain a balanced view of cleaning versus spending time with those I love and things I like to do

i believe: good will ultimately win over bad

i dance: with Tuks

i sing: with Tuks

i cry: at happy endings to movies, and when a person triumphs over an obstacle in their life

i don’t always: have patience…LOL

i fight: my anger at others when they make a stupid or negative comment around Tuks about skin color or an adoption related matter

i write: poorly

i win: whenever I can forgive others

i lose: whenever I let mean or insensitive people change my outlook on life

i never: understand why people don’t want to know about bad things, because the more one knows, the greater the chance that the bad thing can be changed

i confuse: manipulation with kindness, I just assume all people’s motives are pure, unless I find out otherwise

i listen: to the call of the birds and songs of the frogs

i can usually be found: at my house every evening since Tuks is in bed sleeping, I am therefore housebound for the night

i am scared: of the day I will die and the effect it will have on my daughters

i need: Christ, food, water, and heat in the winter, and to know my daughters are happy and healthy

i am happy about: where my life is and where it is heading

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

What a great tag. I'll do it later this week. I really love tags that let us learn things about each other we might not normally take the time to blog about.
Kerri and Ruby

Jenn said...

I will do it tomorrow when all the kids are at school and I have time to think!

Marta said...

Always great to learn more about our friends!

My Travels