"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, July 11, 2008

Busy

sorry for being a bad blogger....I am really busy with cleaning my basement and garage, and various other nooks and crannies. My camera died, sometime after Haiti. I think it was all the water the girls splashed on it. I am not sure as to when I will get around to wanting to spend several hundred more for a new one. This camera was only 2 1/2 years old...is that a normal life span for digital cameras??

Many parents papers are all of a sudden moving in Haiti. It makes me excited, anxious,and nervous all at once...will we be hearing news sooner or later. The visas to the US are still being mucked with so that is the long wait for the time being.

I am also busy fighting a development proposed to occur on the other side of my woodlot. I managed to reduce some of the development by bringing attention to the Army Corp of Engineers that a portion was wet, therefore could not be built on. I was successful in that endeavor, but we still have much city hall fighting to do. I hate politics, but sometimes you need to get involved...ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jane said...

My first digital camera (under $100) lasted less than 2 years so I invested in a $200 version a few months ago....hoping it lasts at least 5 years! Good luck on your fight against development. We have a battle going on here with an abandoned foreclosed house next door. Well not totally abandoned - rodents appear pretty comfortable over there! Nothing moves as slowly as a gov't official...As you said - ARGH!!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I left my Kodak Easyshare camera out in the rain and it stopped working. My son took it to the camera shop where he used to work and had it cleaned. The moisture had corroded the contact points. Once cleaned it started working again and is doing a fine job still. Saved me several hundred dollars in buying a new one.

My Travels