"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Vacation from the vacation??

This week is again busy because my brother, SIL and niece are visiting from Louisiana for the whole week. We are getting together at some one's house each and every day. Tuks bedtime is WAY off, but she seems to be surviving. She actually slept until 11:00am this morning, whereas her usual daytime wake is 6:30 - 7:00 am. Tomorrow marks the beginning class of her official gymnastics class without me in attendance. I can't wait to see how she does. I will be watching through a glass window.

My basement is all clean and now I am on to my garage. I think with all this cleaning I will be having a garage sale in late summer...That is if I am not coaching cross country running. I am seriously contemplating giving it up this year, and am waiting word from another possible assistant if she wants to step in and do it this year.

I also have good news on the adoption front, I received word that Marie will allow me to leave Ve in Haiti until Mim's process is completed. She was actually real glad that I was thinking of the girls well-being in asking this of her. I am so relieved in knowing Mim and Ve will come home together. Naturally it will be a little tougher on me in the transition, but I think easier on them. Tuks will struggle no matter what in sharing me, but I really know she loves playing with other kids so much that in a short time she will realize that sisters are great playmates.

Lastly, I acquired, or I should say sMurph acquired two new cat buddies. They came from my sister's farm just like sMurph. I would guess they are about 6 - 7 weeks old, and one (black & white female) is doing great, the other (gray & white male) could go either way for survival. He is tiny!! I think, but not completely sure yet, that I will name the female Beatrice and the male Hubble.

Anyway, besides still fighting city hall, making calls to many meeting members, attending meetings etc., it seems my summer is slipping away quickly, and yet not so relaxing either. My sleeping is in the toilet...as the saying goes. I can be dead tired, but still not able to fall asleep. I am not sure what is up with that, but I will admit I am getting frustrated with the insomnia.

I need another vacation from the summer vacation....Yah, I know I'm just too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

veggiemom said...

Glad to hear that your girls can come home together. I'm sure it will be much easier on them.
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Not Betty Crocker said...

Oh I'm so glad the girls will come home at the same time. Wonderful news and I'm sure a huge relief for your mind.

Brenda said...

That is great the girls will come home together. You are a great mama to put their needs first. I'm glad Maria noticed! That says something about their care there too.

Marta said...

Wow that is GREAT she is going to let them come home together!!!

Yes, the summer is flying by! Enjoy while we can!

My Travels