"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hugs and kisses

Tuks is in a real hugger and kissy phase. She hugs and kisses everyone and everything. It is too cute. When asked what her name is she says "Tuki"...which is her real nickname. She told me that she likes Tuki better than her legal name..Too funny. I also asked her the other night if she wants me to talk with others about her being born in Guatemala. It is coming up more often in public simply because I am talking more about the girls in Haiti .She said "Yes", and I know she understood what I was asking because she is real quick and good at saying no....

She can also point out Guatemala, Haiti and our home state on the globe...She is getting to be such a big girl some days, while others she regresses into a sobbing, tantrum ball of humanity...I never know who I will wake with the next day...LOL keeps me on my toes anyway. I have also decided that we may stay closer to home this summer than last since she can be so unpredictable in public. I am seeing small improvements everyday, but they are small so home bound we will be for the most part...give or take a few excursions here or there....

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I understand what you mean about staying close to home. We usually just wait to see what kind of mood Asha is in when she wakes up to decide if or where we are going to go for the day.

We should get together some weekend soon!!

Brenda said...

Good plan!

My Travels