"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Omega - the end

This is a hard post, and I'm not sure I will do justice to what I, Ve and Mim were feeling on the last day of my visit. As soon as Mim found out I was leaving she started distancing and becoming busy. She was frantically taking apart and putting together puzzles and wouldn't look at me. I could tell Ve knew something was up, but wasn't quite sure as to handle it. I eventually sat down, Ve came and sat on my lap, and finally Mim came over and sat on the arm of the chair.


Ve, not sure as to what is going on


Mim, distancing herself by keeping busy with the puzzles.

Once we were at Marie's saying our Good-byes, the kids started to cry, and Ve clung to my hand. I asked Marie to explain to her that I was leaving and once Marie did, Ve just dropped my hand, and her whole body slumped. Mim was crying and looking away from me. I gave both my girls hugs and kisses, and then turned and left. The kids followed us out, and I started to hear wailing, I turned and looked and it was Mim, on her knees with her arms and head resting on the door making this wailing sound coming from deep within her soul. I have never seen anything like it or felt my heart tear so deeply. She was on the edge emotionally and the only choice I had available to me was to walk away... walk away when what I wanted to do was go back, pull her from the edge of her emotions, take her in my arms and take her home and say I won't leave you ever....but I did leave her and the image of her on the floor against the door has been haunting me ever since. I have sobbed over it many times within the last week.

At this point, Ve is further in the process than Mim...so that means I will more than likely pick Ve up, and yet again leave Mim behind for another 4 - 6 months. Quite honestly, I am not sure I can do that again. I will have to talk with Marie about some other possibilities because right now I am at a loss as to my next move with the girls. I can't leave Mim again, that is all I really know for sure.

10 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

There are no easy answers that's for sure. Leaving them sucks!

veggiemom said...

Wow - what an awful thing for you to have to go through when you truly can't do anything about it. I don't have any words of advice but I'll definitely be thinking of you and Mim and hoping that you can both find some peace with this awful waiting.
Hugs...
Kerri and Ruby

Salzwedel Family said...

I pray you will work out a plan to bring them both home together. My heart aches for you & your sweet girls. I'm so sorry you are all hurting.

Anonymous said...

I'm am so, so sorry. Your post brings tears to my eyes.

Chapter Two said...

I feel for you, Aves. Our goodbyes (2) were so hard and our agency changed their policy about visiting during our wait. We didn't agree (our kids are home now and we know the value of those days together) and we were so sad we couldn't visit them again.
I'll pray for you as you seek a solution for bringing your girls home. And I applaud you for thinking so tenderly of your Mim when you must know it might be more difficult for you (delaying the wait for Ve). It's a tough situation and I just want you to know I'll be praying.

Sarah said...

Your post has me choked up as well. I will be praying for a solution, and for peace to settle in all 3 of your hearts.
(((Hugs))))
Sarah

This Mama said...

oh Aves,
I wish I could give you a big hug, your post made me cry. I am heartbroken for Mim, and I hope you can find a solution for your girls regrading pick-up.
Take care,
Mandy

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness that is heartbreaking. I can't wait for you all to be together.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I am so sorry. This is wrenching. God bring you all peace and strength and comfort your girls.

Steph, G's Mom said...

Wow....I admit to never knwoing what G did when I left, because I did the "take her to the creche in the eve and then don't go back the next day" i always told her it was the last day we'd see each other till I came again, but i'll still never know. I can only imagine what you went thru and what you saw when you turned around. Just try to keep her smile and her laugh in your mind most of all.

My Travels