"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Busyness, Technical Difficulties and a twofold furball increase

Sorry for being MIA. There are perfectly good explanations.

As I had stated on an earlier post, I was coming up on some really busy days. After we returned home from fingerprinting and the zoo, we went on a two day camping trip with friends (it went great), and while camping, I figured it would be a good time to take my hard drive/tower in for a tune-up...which lasted up to one week before it was returned.

In those days that it was in the shop, I along with friends and family held a rummage sale. Great stuff, well organized, but little foot traffic due to the seclusion of my place. As long as I live at our current home, I vow never to hold a rummage sale here again. Just not worth the time/energy-income ration return. I managed to raise enough money to purchase a new version of my old camera. BUT, two things occurred once my hard drive came home. My charter/modem disconnected me from the hard drive since it was disconnected for 1 week. So I had to wait for several days for Charter to come fix it, and now I have discovered that my hard drive is disconnecting from the camera as I am attempting to download photos. So I will be bringing the tower back in tomorrow am for more fixing, while watching my niece and Tuks.

My niece will be here for two days. She is one year older than Tuks. I will be getting an idea of two kids in the household with 3 cats and yes, 3 dogs now.
That means I have had a two-fold increase of fur bearing animals in my house this summer...


The third dog was my step-moms, She decided that he was not wanted in her home anymore, and I couldn't bare the idea that he would be killed because she wanted him gone. He, Watson, is a litter mate to Einstein and Heathcliff. So yes, another scorgi in the house. He is brindle like Heath, but has a lot more white on him and he is the owner of corgi ears, versus the scottie ears the other two possess. I really didn't want another dog...I mean REALLY didn't want a third dog, but I felt it was the right thing to do. I was offered more dogs than I can remember when people found out Isaac had died, and I had turned every one down, but I didn't feel right in walking away from Watson. He needs to have a few obedience lessons under his belt before he will be as good as a dog as my other two...well you know it's not like I have anything else to do....


raising one daughter at home
caring for 3 cats
caring for 3 dogs
caring for 4 raptors
starting back at work next week
preparing for two more daughters to come home
caring for the home and yard
and now training Watson...

everyone thinks it is funny that I will have 3 daughters, 3 dogs and 3 cats...and 1 adult...I'll let you know how successful I am at it all. The positive is always a love for animals by the kids. Tuks has to have the animals around at all times when home..she just loves them, and I feel that is a wonderful trait for children to have.

photos to come once I get this photo download problem fixed

It feels good to be back on-line...............

Anyone else as impressed with Michael Phelps as we are?.....Tuks continued to enjoy the gymnastics and swimming. She asks every night to watch the "olmics"..very cute!!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

No garage sales at our house ever again either! Too much work and we always end up with the stuff we really wanted to get rid of in the first place!
We love the "olmics" at our house, too! I don't know what I'm going to do for pre-bedtime entertainment next week when we don't have diving to watch at 7pm. Cara "dives" with every athlete and claps wildly when they're done!
Glad you're back. Hope you get your computer issues ironed out soon.

Sarah said...

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about all your computer woes, but hopefully you are up and running before you know it.

I said a loud, "hear hear" regarding children and pets. As a house with 3--soon to be 5--children, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 frogs, I understand all too well where you are coming from. We nearly took home a kitten yesterday, but the thought of the vet bill for vaccinating/neutering our 2 cats stopped me (I'm sure the kitten will find a great home though). Plus I like taking in older animals who need the break--like Watson. Good for you for taking the fella in--I'm looking forward to pictures!

We too are olympic addicts--I noticed a lot of blogs not posting as much in the evenings, so I can't help but think that the Olyies are on in many a home, too :)

Glad to hear that all is well!
Sarah

Brenda said...

We were impressed with several swimmers inlcuding Michael Phelps. I have a couple of kids who compete in swimming.

My Travels