"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Simple pleasures

Today was a wonderful day. Besides the routine workout this morning, and getting ready for the upcoming rummage sale, I was able to hang around in the yard and I saw two resident does each with their fawns, the four fledgling Phoebes hanging around on the electric line while Mom & Pop were flitting all around catching insects, goldfinch flying all around nesting and rearing young, and a hummingbird hanging out on my maple tree. Then to top it off tonight for the first time this summer, we hear crickets, which for me usually symbolizes the beginning of the end of summer, and the beginning of fall. Lovely summer day that Tuks and I were able to enjoy together!!!!!!!!Life in Greenville is swelling with life....It is these simple things that bring me great pleasure in life....

2 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Sounds like a great day! Good luck with your upcoming sale.

Kelly said...

Fantastic Day!!!!It sounds absolutely perfect!!! Sorry I have disappeared for a while but I am here I just haven't commented as of late.

My Travels