"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Today

we celebrated the fact that I am now officially 45 years old. I have been calling myself 45 for several months now, but today was the official day. This year is the first year that I am actually starting to feel old. Mainly because I believe I am entering into peri-menopausal. I guess since everyone is getting real and honest on their blogs, then I will too, but mine will be real about the fact that I feeling aged. I am not sleeping well, I can't lose weight no matter how hard I try, and I am edgy quite a bit...all signs of the change of life. I have seen many doctors to check out various parts of my body and they all say that I am in great health, with just a little higher BMI (1 point) than I should. I want to drop that 1 point, but the more I work out and don't seem to be losing any weight, the more it causes me to be disappointed. The lack of sleep isn't good for me either. I also saw a nutritionist, and she told me to drink 10 glasses of water each day...TEN GLASSES causes me to be in the bathroom OFTEN!! Yesterday I think I actually got the 10 in, and guess what, every time I managed to fall asleep, I had to get up to pee.....so once again little sleep....

How did we celebrate, my family got together and went to a local fair and took the girls on some crazy fun-filled rides....

Forgetfulness is also a peri-men sign, and somehow I left the driver's side of my van door open with my purse in it, the entire time we were at the fair. I'm not sure how I missed closing it...but I had a huge blessing...NOTHING was touched....I am so grateful for that.

It was a lovely birthday, most especially hearing Tuks tell me "Happy Birthday" many times today, but with out a doubt I am in the change of life and I am not liking enjoying it so far....

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday! I'm in the midst of my body changing as well. It is no fun at all but I guess part of life. The weight is the hardest for me to fight too. I find changing the exercise helps. Stop running and start doing aerobics or something for awhile and then go back maybe.

veggiemom said...

Happy birthday!
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday!!

Janet said...

Happy birthday!

Jane said...

Happy Birthday!
And welcome to my world. I told a friend last week, I don't know if it's "mommy brain" or early onset of dementia but I am definitely forgetful...and edgy...and not sleeping more than 2 hours at a time. But you're way ahead of me in the water consumption and the excerising!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Happy Birthday! I am there with the changes too. It is the strangest thing. I didn't realize it would be as much an upheaval as puberty. It's crazy!

My Travels