"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, August 22, 2008

Question and in need of help

How do I keep Tuks in her toddler bed during naps and bedtime, and if you feel it is OK for her to run around her room a little before she falls asleep, how long is enough time allowed without it getting out of hand..I am at a loss here?? She use to be a great sleeper, but this summer her sleep pattern has gotten progressively worse. Help please!!!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh she could be outgrowing naps. My girls did at about her age. I'm sure you have tried everything I would have with my girls....

Salzwedel Family said...

Our little guy started sleeping bad in his toddler bed & when we changed him to a twin size he started sleeping better again. Don't know if that will help or not, but maybe she just needs more room.

Sarah said...

Those are tough ones. I was always pretty firm about having to stay in her bed, but let her have books or a toy to play with as she fell asleep. It worked at first and then became a distraction.

Paloma dropped her naps about 3 months ago, around 2 years 9 months. Now she naps about once, maybe twice a week, when she needs it. When she does not nap, she falls into a deep sleep within 3 minutes of bedtime, and we have no running around issues.

Like the salzwedels, our sleep situation got much better when we moved her into a twin bed. My mom bought her some ghastly Princess bedding, and that cinched the deal. Now she stays glued to her bed and our sleep issues are resolved (for the first time in 3 years, lol).

Sarah and Tim said...

We had just always been very consistent during naps and bed time. When those times came, it was that time. We would continually put them into their bed, and let them know that they are to take a nap/go to bed. Eventually they stayed. I will also say, that my 4 year old, doesn't need a nap everyday. You can tell when it's needed, and not needed.

liruco said...

Our strategy was to remove most "toys" from my 2.5 year old's room, except for books and stuffed animals/dolls. She can have a book and a stuffed something or other in her bed...she gets up a bit, switching books/dolls, but we just keep putting her back...eventually she got the idea and bedtime is pretty good now. Naps are still tough..I think she is growing out of them a bit. Good luck.

My Travels