"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, September 19, 2008

FFF - Hope

My hope this week is for Haiti


Hope for my girls homecoming


Hope for rebuilding or in some case building of homes, water supplies, health care, plentiful supply of food etc., for Haiti


Hope for the beauty of Haiti to be not only returned , but surpass what it has been in the last 30 - 40 years.

18 comments:

Aileen said...

What beautiful girls! I also have hope that Haiti will recover from all of the turmoil it has been through.

Kelly said...

I am hoping for Haiti as well!

Salzwedel Family said...

My prayers are for Haiti. Those are good things to hope & pray for.

Not Betty Crocker said...

Beautiful post!

veggiemom said...

Hoping along with you...
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Elder Cook said...

My prayers are with Haiti. Can't wait to see those two beauties home.

Debbie said...

I can't wit for your daughters to come home!! I will pray for you!

Debbie

Marta said...

Yes, what I hope for too.

Looking at these photos, and it takes me right back to the moment.

Anonymous said...

IM praying and hoping for Haiti and anyone else who is rebuilding!!

Hugs,leslie

Sarah said...

Amen!

Violet said...

Your girls are dolls! I will be praying they come home soon and I will pray for Haiti!

Rebekah said...

What beautiful girls you have ... I also hope for your girls to be where they belong - in your arms! I will pray ... have agreat weekend!
Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2

Stacey and Dewey said...

Yur 3 girls are simply beautiful, I pray you are all together soon. Wonderful Hope post, thanks for sharing it!!
Have a great weekend!!
Stacey

Amy said...

The girls are beautiful, I know Haiti was hit so badly by these hurricanes. I hope the girls are safe and well

This Mama said...

Hoping right along beside you!

Anonymous said...

Amen!

I find it simply heartbreaking to know there is so much weath in Haiti's neighbouring countries and yet the people suffer so...!

Jenn said...

Absolutely hoping here!

Robyn said...

I hope Haiti recovers from all it has been through!!

Robyn

My Travels