"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, September 12, 2008

Panda Style



This picture symbolizes my spirit tonight. I received an email early this am giving all of us (all adopting from my O) details on the progress of our kids. I found out Mim is further in the process than I had expected. Ve is still a little further in the process, but it seems Mim is catching up quickly...I am guessing a Feburaryish homecoming...Now realize that ish could mean several months later.... Both of their files still remain in MOI. The children at the O are safe. Marie does a great job in caring and protecting them.

February may seem far away yet, and it is, but I am resting and trusting God for the perfect timing for their homecoming. I am enjoying my teaching at one school right now, and I recently was approached by our principal if I would be interested in attending a technology conference at the end of Oct, and then I would represent our school in the district for technology..how cool is that. Of all the teachers in the building, she asked me. Last spring I had written a proposal for funding on a project that involved introduction of new technology, and our school was awarded the grant, and now I am spearheading a fundraising endeavor to raise more funds to incorporate more technology in our science department. I guess those are the reasons she thought if me...way cool, I never in a million years would have thought those actions would lead to this honor!!!!

I am missing the cross country running season, yet I know in my heart it is the right thing not to be coaching it this year, and probably for several more years to come...but I still miss it because I love the sport!! We are attending a meet tomorrow that is held at our high school, but this time I am coming as a spectator, rather than a coach...weird....

Because of the length before homecoming, I am also able to pay down more of my debt occurred from the three adoption processes before the girls come home, thereby the day to day expenses can be met more easily.

So all is good, the leaves are slowly changing, I lost 4 pounds, and my girls are closer to being home...thus the 4 (representing each of us in the family) contented panda bears....

BUT, please continue to pray for Haiti, and now again my brother's home is in the path of Ike, so continue to pray for them....when will these hurricanes take a break..I know, not until December, I am just venting my frustration from walking in fear for the last few weeks....

4 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

So happy to hear the news about all our files. Glad also that all is well in your corner of the world. Praying for your brother and all those in Ike's path. J's sister is here with us until she can head back home to Houston. I'll be glad when hurricane season is over.

This Mama said...

I love your new header, I just wanted to mention!

Marta said...

Love those Pandas. Congrats on your file movement and I am still in shock we got our BP interviews...for you I assume she meant Mim? I'm thinking so because the families would likely have traveled into PAP together. At any rate, yay for us!

Sarah said...

Congrats on your file movement! It's always such a great surprise to find out you are further along than you thought :) Hoping for a perfectly timed homecoming for you all.

My Travels