"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Waiting...............

We started a new 8 week session of gymnastics class tonight. Tuks was so excited that she was having major meltdowns just having to wait for the class to start. I'm not sure I like this session as much as I did this summer. It is taught by a college student and there are a few more girls in the class. Half the time is spent in stretching, and then maybe 15 minutes on the equipment. Tuks wants to be on the equipment!! Plus there was a little girl in the class that was SSSOOO not listening, running all over etc., and guess what Miss Tuks did..yep!! She took after that little girl and stopped listening as well. So me, being the mean Mommy and all, pulled her aside and told her she needed to listen or she would not be able to be in the class. That helped quite a bit. Then on the way home, I again gave a mini-lecture that no matter what other kids were doing in class, she was to listen to
the teacher at all times, and she was also not to tell the teacher "no way'. She said she understood, I guess we will find out next week....pictures were taken before class in my attempt to distract from the waiting.


modeling


silly


reflective


sassy




















Please keep Haiti and my brother's family in your prayers. First it was Hurricane Fay, then Gustav, and now Hanna.... Gustav even went up the Louisiana state line and was destined to hit my brother's place....

Therefore there is no news about the girls in Haiti simply because, well the people of the island are in survival mode.....

School clicking along and I have had my students for two days now and all is going well.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I'll pray for all those in the path.

Kelly said...

Praying.

Tuks is getting so big and beautiful!!!!!

veggiemom said...

How cute is she!!!
I've been thinking about you and your girls and everyone in the path of the storms.
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Gail said...

Hope the next gymnastics class goes better. Maybe the other mother will decide to actually "mother" that week.

My Travels