"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Surprise

For a weekend in which we only had one event planned, the attendance of our high school cross country meet, it sure turned out to be a couple of busy days. Plus a really neat occurrence happened. Yesterday and today I ran into two different families that each had a child that had been born in Guatemala, and I didn't mention before but we also had run into a family at the fair several weeks ago who had 2 girls born in Guatemala..Small world.

As mentioned, Saturday am we attended the meet in which it rained hard on and off for the 2 + hours we were there. We still had a good time, and were able to leave once the final girls race was over rather than having to stick around to help clean up etc., like I would have had to do if I had been a coach, AND Tuks and I were able to attend together. After the meet we went to McDonald's for lunch (rarely ever do this) and then, believe it or not we went to the Y so that I could get an hour of exercise in...not sure how effective it was since I had eaten a Big Mac one hour prior to it...LOL

Then Saturday night my friend P called and asked if I would want to come see a Shire/Thoroughbred mix horse she and her husband were thinking of buying. I decided that it would be fun even though we had to get up early this morning and travel around 3 hours each way...My friend decided to purchase the 1 year old filly..she is a beauty. The following photos are from today.


Her first horseback ride..ever... on a Shetland named Buddha


She learned to hold the mane and squeeze with her legs..Buddha is being led by the owners son D


she loved the whole experience and talked about it all night


the horse P bought


isn't she a beauty


Tuks with the owner feeding her other horses


again staying busy with the horses


they also had a tire swing and I taught her how to get into it


just a swingin!!!!


I also showed her how to stand and swing..again she loved it

It was a great day and on top of it, it was a surprise great day. We plan to go visit P next weekend and see the horse at her new home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your outdoors life!

aspecialfamily

Marta said...

she looks like a natural on that pony!

My Travels